When talking about upscaling sales, it is imperative to know how to grow your small business with marketing. You see, at times growth comes naturally to many small businesses- especially those focused on an innovative product or service. But what about the ones that are… well, not so innovative? They often need a bit more help to scale. Well, this blog is everything about “how to grow your small business with marketing.”
In this post, we’ll share some of the best marketing strategies to help you know how to grow your small business with marketing and be stepped up. It encircles targeting your audience, creating content they want, and how to measure your most impactful marketing initiatives.
8 Ways to Grow Small Business With Marketing
There are many successful small businesses out there, and to know how to grow your small business with marketing, you need to tell your story – who you are and what you do.
It’s important that you have a clear idea of your audience, and their needs. Otherwise you may end up spending time developing something that nobody wants (or sees any value in). If you’re a small business owner who is strapped for time, here are eight marketing tasks that can be handled by anyone!
Define your business goals
This is perhaps one of the most critical steps in “how to grow your small business with marketing” plan. Before you create content for your audience, you first need to define your small business growth goals.
To put simply, your goals might ultimately be, what do you want people to do when they encounter the content you’re going to create? Do you want more leads? Leads for free? Sales? Or are there specific objectives you have that are more qualitative (such as brand awareness or customer loyalty)?
The best way to set goals is by answering these two questions before you dive deep into creating a marketing plan:
1. What Action Should I Take To Align With My Goal?
This is an easy one. Your business growth goals determine the actions your audience needs to take to help you achieve your vision for your company. By taking action, you’re getting the audience involved in the growth of your business.
2. What Actions Should The Audience Take?
This is much harder than it seems because a lot of your business’s value (and ROI) could come from your audience taking specific actions that are not directly related to sales.
By answering these two questions, you’ll be able to determine how your audience would benefit from engaging in specific actions.
Get found on Google
Big businesses spend millions of dollars to have their site appear at the very top of the search engine results. If you’re a small business, you can do it for free! All you need is a website and a little bit of time.
Another tip on how to grow your small business with marketing includes video creation! Video is one of the best ways to show people how to do something. Videos are fun to watch, easy to share, and they’re straightforward to create.
Create high-quality blogs
One way small businesses can reach out to their audience is through blogging. This will let you target a larger audience, which leads to more opportunities for site traffic.
Just have a plan for your blogging- What is the timing of your post? Is it better to publish on Mondays or Wednesdays? What about posts with links: do they work better than image posts?
Blogging is definitely the most promised marketing strategy when it comes to knowing how to grow your small business with marketing.
Now is the best time to discuss how to create a winning blog. You should:
- Test out different titles for your blog posts.
- Do certain words resonate more than others, and what about using numbers, letters, or symbols in your tags.
- Track which blog posts are getting traction and why.
- Use tools like Google Analytics to measure different metrics.
Create an attractive landing page for your company
Creating a landing page can help boost conversions while providing a place for prospects to learn more about your product or service. You can also use social media buttons to drive traffic to your landing page.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with new landing page designs. For example, try testing out:
- Using images of your product or service. If it looks great, it’s more likely that people are going to click on it.
- You are showing your product in person. It could lead potential customers to come to visit you in person and possibly purchase a product.
- Offering a free trial.
- Use compelling headlines to get attention, and make sure the copy you have is easily understood and attractive.
Promote your business through email marketing
You can use email marketing as another trick when it comes to how to grow your small business with marketing. It helps familiarize people with what you’re about, providing more opportunities for them to read what you have to say.
To create your email marketing plan, take some time to think about which emails are important to your audience. For example, try adding:
- An introductory email that lets people know more about your product or service.
- A weekly company update email that’s sent out every week. Success of this method greatly depends on how frequently you update your readers.
- A thank-you email after a sale is made.
- A welcome email for new customers.
Test out different subject lines and the types of emails you send. You can use these free templates to help structure some of your email messages.
Use social media to get your content to the right people
It’s no secret that social media is one of the best ways to promote your company and increase your reach. You can launch many social media profiles for less than $10 per month and start spreading the word about your small business!
If learning about how to grow your small business with marketing, social media can be an excellent tool for getting your content to the right audience, and there are many ways to do this:
- Use Facebook and Twitter for posting about what’s happening in your company or product. For example, you can post about what you’re working on or even a picture of your office.
- Sometimes it’s good to post something related to your industry. Whether it’s an exciting trend or an upcoming event, something like this can get people more engaged with you and what you have to say.
- Social media is a fabulous way to promote your content. For example, you could repost your blog posts on Facebook and Twitter.
Be consistent with your promotional tactics
You must be consistent when it comes to learning about how to grow your small business with marketing. For example:
- Make sure you’re using different social media platforms to promote your content.
- Be sure to provide links in each post so people can easily find out more about what you have to say.
- Use any other marketing channels you have at your disposal. For example, if you offer a newsletter, send it out monthly.
Read Blog on: Successful Small Business Marketing Strategies
If you’re a visionary businessperson who wants to know how to grow your small business with marketing without having too much time on your plates, consider using these strategies. These are eight excellent ways for people to discover the qualities in your business that they love–and it’s effortless for you as well!